Friday, June 17, 2011

Back to Normal

I find that when the weather is good, as it has been the last couple of days, I don't enjoy the job on here as much as when it is overcast and wet.  I think that it is my inbred Scottish sense of pessimism that knows there are only going to be so many good days in a Scottish summer and I would rather be on leave when they come about, than on here working and watching those lucky enough to have a fair wind and tide to sail up the Sound to Tobermoray, with a quiet night at anchor to look forward to.
Nothing to worry about though, back to normal today, strong easterly winds with rain.  I had some American visitors on the bridge today, unfortunately they were dressed for a North Carolina June day not the West coast of Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment