Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MCA visit

We had a wee visit, i.e. one crossing over and back later in the day, from our colleagues in the Maritime Coastguard Agency.  I know the surveyors from my Waverley days, they work in the Gourock office and one is well known about the ports and harbours, his turban and grey beard are quite distinctive.
It was quite fun to watch and listen in to the Captain dragging out the paperwork and fielding the awkward questions.  As a humble deck officer I am merely a cog in the machine and not concerned, anymore, with such important matters.  Made me quite nostalgic for my previous work, do I miss it?  No, not a bit.
Incidentally, it was picked up that we were not making our daily Radio Log Book entries correctly, so a non-conformity has been issued and we shall have to take immediate steps to rectify this serious breach.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment