Saturday, September 17, 2011

On the West Coast

Dear readers, my apologies if you have visited the blog in the last few days to find that there has been no updates.  I am lead to believe that one of the vital requirements for a blog to have and keep its readership is to keep a steady news flow so that there are new items to read, otherwise why visit?

Truth is that little worthy of printing has occurred in the last few days, I joined the Isle of Mull on Wednesday and we have been plying the waters between Mull and Oban on a daily basis with little of note happening along the way.  Just like trains and buses our customers don't want anything exciting to happen.  Turn up on time, convey us comfortably and safely to the destination and arrive on time is as much as is expected and we are pleased to provide this.  Unfortunately unlike my previous employment with Waverley, where each day provided a new anecdote with thrills and spills along the way, the Isle of Mull tends to be pretty predictable.

So it may be a trifle dull on here, but the view from the office window is often spectacular and our customers are happy and so should I be.  At the end of the month I am joining Waverley on the Thames for about 10 days so no doubt I will then have ample material to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment