Thursday, December 05, 2013

First full day, didn't go anywhere



I'm here on the Caledonian Isles the ferry that has for the past twenty odd years taken folk back and forwards to Arran.  We stayed overnight in Ardrossan on the Ayr shore and the wind got up during the night to over 80 knots with an impressive swell coming through the harbour entrance.  We clearly couldn't sail first thing, actually we couldn't even stand upright when I was on the quay trying to sort the gangway out.  The situation was reviewed at 14:00 and as it was still gusting up to Force 10 we called the rest of the day off.  The good folk of Arran will have to wait for their fresh bread, newspapers and milk until tomorrow.  
Gave me a chance to look around and do some maintenance work on board which was useful.  On my last boat, the Isle of Mull, I mentioned how much I missed not having an opening porthole in the cabin.  I have on here but I'd just as soon not today anyway, as it leaks, over my bed unfortunately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment