Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Daily routine

I wouldn't want to disguise that it is all fun and frolics here.  Today was a straightforward Mull run from 08:00 departure Oban until finish at 20:00.  Leaving from each berth on the hour thereby making it 12 crossings for the day.  Dante's purgatory had a level where men were subjected to constant repetition of their life, I guess our modern equivalent is Groundhog Day where the main character is destined to repeat each day ad infinitum. 

Well I exaggerate, and I've told you that a million times, but this gives me a good taste of what every day is like during the summer.  Which leads me on neatly to the news earlier in the day that we're going to Barra to overnight and then do a couple of days to Coll and Tiree again.  Which I thought was great, but not to all on board who consider being away from the home port as a punishment.  Unfortunately shortly afterwards in the day the Barra trip was cancelled, but we are still on for Coll and Tiree later in the week.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment