Friday, March 04, 2011

Full but not down to the marks

Surprisingly the 4pm run over from Oban was very busy with cars about 60 of them, folk getting away for the weekend I guess, then I loaded up the 5pm back from Criagnure.  We had about 20 "white vans" and 25 cars to load with a furniture truck to finish off.  It became pretty clear to me that it was going to be a bit of a squeeze and before I knew it the deck was almost full and piling up to where I was standing at the entrance.  
I managed to squeeze in the last car and van but regrettably the furniture van had to wait for 2 hours until we returned.  Fortunately he wasn't booked and was on standby so there wasn't any comeback but with hindsight I can see how we should have got the crew to cram them in a lot tighter.  
The moral of this tale is that I still have plenty to learn.  Off to Coll and Tiree again tomorrow, very settled weather at the moment so it shouldn't to difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment