Saturday, September 29, 2012

And that's another season over


Julie, Lynne and David off for the last sail of 2012 in a brisk wind
from the NW, not many others out but we headed off with a heavily
reefed mainsail and genoa. On our way down the West coast of Great
Cumbrae we were doing over 8 knots with the wind on the beam. Lunch
swinging around on a mooring bouy at Millport before heading back up
the Largs channel where I took this Panorama photo. Great day's sail
and a good one to finish the season off with, the boat comes out of
the water this Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Lynne7:08 pm

    What a fabulous season with the new sails and the skill of all on board (of course!) giving us some excellent sailing days in 2012.

    Always sad to see the boat coming out of the water but what a tremendous last sail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:22 am

    Been trying to comment but the site won't let me. This is an experimental comment.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:23 am

    How bizarre! It's lets me on as 'Anonymous' but not with my WordPress I.D.
    Oh well. I'm enjoying the blog by the way, Rusty.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete