Sunday, September 02, 2012

Back to school

Well cook school actually as Julie gave me a birthday present of an
Ashoka Cook school voucher to attend a class on curry cooking. It
has taken a while to get a suitable date but I made my way out to
Motherwell College yesterday and had a very enjoyable morning making
Chicken Tikka Masala, pilau rice and a chapati, see photo. Our tutor
was a chef from the Green Chilli Cafe here in Glasgow, very
knowledgeable and helpful. This has been the second cook school I've
attended and I'm impressed by the extra wee tips that a professional
knows about cooking that you don't seem to ever see in books or on the
TV. Apart from a rather well done first chapati, (carefully concealed
under the second one in the photo) the meal was really good. Ashoka

Motherwell College is also very impressive, and I didn't even know
that it existed.


No comments:

Post a Comment